Update: This article was last updated on 19th Dec 2018 to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.
QuickBooks is one of the rich featured, reliable and affordable accounting software available for business accounting. Enriched with pretty useful features, it simplifies and enhances the overall productivity for the accountants in many ways.
Why Your Business Needs QuickBooks Add-ons?
Business demands are insatiable, and entrepreneurs are always looking for smarter solutions that add value to their services. QuickBooks is generalized accounting software that can meet most of the necessities for accounting, but only up to a limit. It cannot do everything.
Sometimes, it may cause some ‘ifs and buts’ with the individuality of the business. The reason being different businesses require different functionalities specific to its industry or size. For example, a construction company would need features in QuickBooks more particular to the construction industry.
The solution to serve more individualistic and dedicated accounting operations comes with add-ons. QuickBooks add-ons are software (apps) that rides with QuickBooks to work on their specific task.
A plethora of add-ons is available to help the businesses to save money, maintain accurate data, automate information processing, secure data sharing, maintain CRM, and more.
|Inventory||ACCTivate!, Fishbowl Inventory|
|Hosting||Ace Cloud Hosting|
|Billing||BillQuick, Bill.com, Bill & Pay|
|Data Sync||Adobe Business Catalyst, HammerZen, Business Importer|
|Tax Management||Avalara, Transaction Pro Importer, SpringAhead|
|CRM||Method CRM, Results CRM|
|Data Transfer||Data Transfer Utility|
|Online Store Integration||T-Hub|
|Database Management||QODBC Driver|
|Project Management||Mavenlink, Quantum Project Manager|
|Employee Time Tracking||TSheets, Count Me In, Time Tracker by eBility|
|Point of Solution||QuickBooks POS|
Let’s explore these best QuickBooks add-ons in detail below.
Top Add-ons For QuickBooks Software
If your business is utilizing the services of QuickBooks, then it is the high time to find the add-ons that can propel your business better. To help you with that, here is a list of the top ten QuickBooks add-ons that every company must consider on:
- ACCTivate!: This QuickBooks supplement is perhaps the most advanced and versatile inventory management software. It integrates with QuickBooks to deliver the high-end features, which includes real-time collaboration between different users, instant changes visibility, project tracking and a lot more. ACCTivate! offers a simple control over almost everything that your accounts department will have to do with the inventory.
- SmartVault: SmartVault performs a simple operation of storing documents and does that pretty well. This simple operation of storing documents has a world of marvels for the accountants. The stored documents can be added on QuickBooks. Accountants require various documents – be it quotations or invoices. Finding them all within QuickBooks will sound convenient for them. Along with that, it can also manage the security of these documents. SmartVault is regarded highly for its security standards.
- Ace Cloud Hosting: QuickBooks Hosting dwells more comfort for the users with the easier access, installation-free service, and free QuickBooks add-ons hosting. Ace Cloud Hosting improves this comfort to a different level. Powered by its experience of more than a decade with the cloud services, Ace Cloud Hosting is an Intuit authorized commercial host for QuickBooks. It assures guaranteed uptime of 99.999% and gives the ability to remote access to QuickBooks. With Ace Cloud Hosting, you can log in to your QuickBooks from anywhere and start working without installing it on the local device.
- BillQuick: When it comes to bill filing and data entry with QuickBooks, there is hardly anything as good as BillQuick. Integrating BillQuick with QuickBooks kills the chances of data redundancy with its smart data entry feature, which contributes to faster bill filling to save time as well as expenses for the users.
- Adobe Business Catalyst: Adobe Business Catalyst is a product from OneSaaS that can sync the data with QuickBooks. That means data relating to the products, stock, and payments can be updated in the QuickBooks automatically. For E-commerce businesses, this add-on is undoubtedly among the trusted possible business catalysts to achieve faster solutions.
- Bill.com: Bill.com is popular among the businesses for the reason that billing is inevitable for them. It ensures secure billing over electronic media. Among the popular e-payment modes, it can receive payments ACH, Credit Card, and PayPal. With QuickBooks integration, any billing update can be automated in the data without serious efforts.
- Fishbowl Inventory: Fishbowl Inventory is tailor-made software to work with QuickBooks for everything that accounting might need from manufacturing & warehouse management department. With that, it also offers some useful features for asset management as well. This add-on gives a perfect balance of the simple user interface along with some complex functions. For the businesses that center on the manufacturing of products, there is hardly any need to look beyond Fishbowl.
- Avalara: Accounts and taxes are impossible to separate. Moreover, to support the organizations to manage the taxations with QuickBooks, Avalara is a perfect solution. The integration of Avalara with QuickBooks enables your accountant to handle the logs smoothly even if your business operates in different and complex tax jurisdictions.
- Method CRM: Managing customer relations is never easyunless you have a reliable CRM integrated with QuickBooks desktop software. Method CRM is one of the most admired add-ons among QuickBooks users. With built-in information of customers available in your accounting software, you can prepare the invoices, statements, and more, without worrying about data duplication.
- Data Transfer Utility: Data Transfer Utility simplifies the task of transferring data from one QuickBooks file to another. It offers a number of customization choices to choose the data that the user may have to transfer between different files. It offers almost all the basic features, such as overwriting, merging and erasing. Along with all that, it offers a special feature to add data on multiple files.
- Bill & Pay: Bill & Pay is one of the most admired QuickBooks add-ons for payment collection, invoice, deposit making, and record keeping purposes. A partner with Ace Cloud Hosting, Bill & Pay accepts the various online payment methods, such as – credit card, PayPal, ACH, etc. For the accountant requiring bug chunk of payment maintenance, it is a unique.
- Transaction Pro Importer: Not all the accounting data is maintained over QuickBooks. Because of the user preference or tool availability, some files may be created in Excel and text format. Transaction Pro Importer assures that such files can easily be converted into the QB. Along with conversion, it offers the option to edit/validate the data, map the fields, and import the logs.
- SpringAhead: With accounting comes lots of bills and maintaining them accurately and in a timely order is nothing less than a herculean task. SpringAhead helps the accountants to master this herculean It can integrate with QuickBooks to automate the tracking of bills, sales, reimbursements, etc. online for faster reporting the financial transactions.
- Results CRM: Nothing is better than versatile CRM designed to fit your business accounting software. Results CRM is available in both hosted and on-premise versions to allow you a central control and monitor of the business. A smoother integration with QuickBooks and other associated applications ensures a more productive and effective business for you.
- ExpenseWatch: Expense structure for the businesses is extremely ExpenseWatch helps with simplifying the complexities involved with the financial transactions (such as- bills, payments, reimbursements, etc.) between business and employees, vendors, etc. Integrating with QuickBooks, it can save a hefty amount of time for the accountants.
- Count Me In: For accounting professional who spends substantial time on payroll, Count Me In is a wonderful add-on to have. It integrates with QuickBooks to list mark-in and mark-out timing of the employees to evaluate their salary. Smooth compatibility with QuickBooks ensures that accountants do not have to feed the working hours of employee manually.
- T-Hub: As more and more businesses are working on the online stores, the requirement for the accounting software to integrate is growing immensely. This is where T-Hub supports your business. It can streamline the details between the online store, the shipping medium, and QuickBooks, so your accountant does not have to communicate endlessly with the different parties to finalize the account details.
- QODBC Driver: The database is inseparable from accounting and QuickBooks. However, extracting the data from QuickBooks for your business system is not an easy thing. QODBC Driver allows the accounting data to be read and written over QuickBooks with the help of simple SQL commands. It allows various applications to use the QuickBooks data to enhance productivity by simplifying the cross-application data usage.
- Mavenlink: Mavenlink add-on allows you to manage the complete expenses of the projects within QuickBooks. It can integrate with QuickBooks with a simple click and offers a number of customization options with the projects for smooth-running the taxes associated with various projects.
- TSheets: TSheets is a time tracking application. With QuickBooks integrations, this add-on can sync the timesheets of the employees pretty easily. Thus, the accounting processes, such as – payroll management, job costing, etc. can be calculated automatically to save on the workforce. So, your accountant can breathe easy and still be more productive.
- Time Tracker by eBillity: Time Tracker is a remotely accessible application that allows your employees to submit their entries for review from anywhere. Admin can conveniently manage (edit, reject or approve) the entries. Various information with credits, bills, and other adjustments can sync with QuickBooks.
- Business Importer: Business Importer can sync data between QuickBooks desktop and Excel (or CSV file) within a click. This add-on supports QuickBooks 2012 and all its later versions. It is compatible for hosting with QuickBooks desktop on cloud.
- HammerZen: HammerZen is an add-on to import The Home Depot statements into QuickBooks. It can import numerous invoices into QuickBooks within minutes while saving the manual data entry efforts and eliminating the chances of errors. HammerZen can be hosted on the cloud and is compatible with hosted version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Transaction Pro Importer: This QuickBooks add-on is useful for importing transactions and lists from Excel, databases, and text files. It can pace up the process of importing data such as credits, deposits, sales receipts, statement charges, and various other transactions.
- QBSync: This QuickBooks add-on works to import the data from QB accounting software to MySQL. It reduces the manual efforts to the least as you can schedule the sync to export the data from QuickBooks automatically.
- AccuPOS: AccuPOS is compatible with various versions of QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Online). It integrates with QB accounting software to streamline information sharing between point of sale and accounting department.
- QuickBooks POS: QuickBooks POS is one of the most trusted point of sale solutions among QuickBooks accounting application users. It offers smooth integration with accounting and POS by managing customer loyalty points, inventory status, and others. For remote accessibility, you can use hosting services of Ace Cloud Hosting and work on QuickBooks POS online.
- Clique: Clique offers online payment solution for QuickBooks users. It can sync the online payment data with QuickBooks accounting software automatically to help e-commerce business receive and tack payments on their websites.
- Quantum Project Manager: For a proper business structure, accounting software should integrate with project management software. Quantum Project Manager comes with compatibility to integrate with QuickBooks, which helps you keep track of the business performance without hassles.
Shipping of the products, advertising, stock management, sales, file transfers, and more are only a few processes in which most businesses have their specific needs, and all of them relates to the accounting in one way or other. That is where the add-ons come for the rescue.
QuickBooks is already studded with some amazing features, for which it has always been a hot favorite among the SMBs and accountants. These add-ons are usually available for the price that does not cause any hole in the pocket, yet the results can be highly productive.
The technology is progressing at a brisk pace and adopting it is the only way to stay in the competition for business, these top add-ons software help you with that.
Talk to Us