Sage 50 (previously known as Peachtree) is an accountancy and payroll application aimed to ease the accounting tasks for businesses of all sizes. It offers many benefits like managing cash flow, creating reports, tracking payrolls, sales analysis, and more.
Despite the extensive-features offered, the desktop-based Sage 50 application lacks the anytime, anywhere access.
However, one can access Sage 50 remotely by harnessing the power of the cloud. This approach can be implemented in two ways:
- Using Sage 50c, i.e., SaaS-based application by Sage Group
- Hosting desktop application of Sage 50 on the cloud servers of a third-party service provider.
Here are some insights to both of the approaches mentioned above:
In 2017, Sage Group launched its integrated cloud-based solution, Sage 50c, that offers anytime, anywhere access and backup of data on Sage Cloud. Sage Drive is installed in addition to the desktop-based application that enables the data backup. Sage 50c can accommodate a maximum of 20 users.
Sage 50c can be accessed by an authorized user remotely, but it has some restrictions. It limits the access of data to a single user at a time by locking-out other users that want to access the information at the same time. Therefore, team collaboration is limited when using Sage 50c.
Sage 50 Hosting
The desktop version of Sage 50 can be hosted on the cloud servers of third-party hosting providers. It offers flexibility and mobility benefits to its users.
Some of the prominent features of Sage 50 hosting include:
- Remote access at any time from any internet-connected device, such as laptop, desktop, tablet, and smartphone.
- Ability to upscale or downscale resources like number of users, RAM, and storage space as per business requirements.
- Enhanced security measures by competent hosting providers to safeguard information from malicious attacks.
- Regular data backups to retrieve information in case of accidental loss or theft.
Moreover, multiple users can access and edit information simultaneously in contrast to Sage 50c. In order to access Sage 50 remotely through third-party cloud hosting, one must follow the following steps:
- Buy Sage 50 licenses available online from either the official website of Sage Group or Amazon.
- Choose a reliable cloud hosting provider by analyzing the following factors:
- The experience of cloud vendor in terms of number of years, and clients it has served in the accounting field.
- Security standards implemented to safeguard information from accidental losses or cyberattacks.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) that includes an uptime guarantee, backup policy, and termination cost.
- Availability and expertise of customer support offered by the cloud hosting provider.
- After shortlisting the hosting provider, Sage 50 license is hosted on the virtual servers so that the accounting application can be accessed from anywhere through an RDP portal or a web browser.
- Users are provided with the login credentials, and all of the data is updated in real-time.
Remote access to Sage 50 helps solve many of the pain points faced while accomplishing accounting tasks. Both Sage 50c and Sage 50 cloud hosting have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
It is crucial to understand the working of each version to make an informed decision and find the perfect fit.
To know more about Sage 50 remote access, chat with our solutions consultant on 855-879-5481.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant