For business owners, access and convenience are essential to managing a successful company in today’s market. With the increasing proliferation of cloud services for businesses, remote work and collaboration are becoming increasingly common practices. To manage this shift, many businesses may find themselves turning to accounting systems such as Sage 50 which offer superior financial management capabilities.
However, while opting for powerful software solutions is vastly advantageous, it also requires understanding how to get the full value out of these systems – namely remote access via secure connections and plenty of support options when you need them most. This post will provide an overview on accessing Sage 50 remotely so that you can stay on top of your business tasks regardless of distance or time away!
Table of Contents
Sage 50 Remote Access
Users can access Sage 50 remotely by harnessing the power of the cloud. This approach can be implemented in two ways:
- Using Sage 50c, i.e., a SaaS-based application by Sage Group
- Hosting the Sage 50 desktop application on a third-party service provider’s cloud server
Here are some insights into both of the approaches mentioned above:
Sage 50c, Sage Group’s comprehensive cloud-based solution, was released in 2017 to help small and medium enterprises access cutting-edge technology and innovation. It is designed to offer novice and experienced business owners to have complete control over their finances and accounts. It also provides real-time data to help them make faster decisions and automate time-consuming activities to improve productivity and eliminate paperwork.
Sage 50c can accommodate a maximum of 20 users. Although authorized users can access it remotely, but it has some restrictions. It limits data access to a single user at a time by locking out other users that want to access the information simultaneously. As such, collaboration with team members is not possible using Sage 50c. To overcome this, businesses can opt for Sage 50 hosting services. Multiple users can work on the same file simultaneously and make real-time changes to it while communicating the same with other team members.
Suggested Reading: Sage 50 Desktop Vs Sage 50 Cloud
Features Of Sage 50c
Sage 50c provides flexible reporting solutions that help businesses generate meaningful insights faster and more intelligently.
Business Performance Dashboards
Business Performance Dashboards can record and simplify complicated data sets, creating visuals that offer a quick yet comprehensive view of current performance.
Using Microsoft OneDrive, clients can capture receipts, charges, invoices, and other necessary documents.
Mobile Invoicing and Expense Tracking
This feature allows business owners to track costs and generate invoices whenever needed.
Cloud Document Storage
Using Microsoft OneDrive, organizations can get rid of paperwork by enabling secure file storage, data access, sharing, and more for documents.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
Included with Sage 50c is the market-leading business productivity suite that can help your business boom.
Sage Contact integrates with Microsoft Outlook to give users access to necessary information, including history, contact information, and more, from any platform, at any time.
This automated feature connects users directly to their bank accounts to get the latest information about their finances.
Sage 50 Hosting
Businesses can host the desktop version of Sage 50 on the cloud servers of third-party hosting providers. It offers flexibility and mobility benefits to its users.
Some of the prominent features of Sage 50 hosting include the following:
- Remote access at any time from a compatible internet-connected device, such as a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone
- Ability to upscale or downscale resources like the number of users, RAM, and storage space as per business requirements
- Enhanced security measures by competent hosting providers to safeguard information from malicious attacks.
- Regular data backups to retrieve information in case of accidental loss or theft.
Suggested Reading: Why Small Business Should Migate to Sage 50 Cloud
Moreover, multiple users can access and edit information simultaneously, unlike Sage 50c. To access Sage 50 remotely through third-party cloud hosting, one must follow the following steps:
1. Buy Sage 50 licenses available online from either the official website of Sage Group or Amazon.
2. Choose a reliable cloud hosting provider by analyzing the following factors:
- Evaluate their experience in the accounting field. Look at how many years they’ve been operating and what types of clients have benefited from their offerings.
- Standard security protocols to safeguard information from accidental losses or cyberattacks.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) that includes an uptime guarantee, backup policy, and termination cost.
- Availability and expertise of customer support offered by the cloud hosting provider.
- Upon shortlisting, the hosting provider hosts Sage 50 on the virtual servers. This way, users can access the accounting application from anywhere via a Remote Desktop Portal (RDP) or a web browser.
- Users are provided with the login credentials, and all of the data is updated in real-time.
Features Of Sage 50 Hosting
Sage 50 Hosting comes with automated upgrades that helps businesses keep up to date.
By deploying multi-redundant IT architecture and real-time threat monitoring, Sage applications hosted on high-performance cloud servers offer a 99.99 percent uptime.
People from different locations can collaborate, access, edit, and work on the same application, making collaboration easier.
Suggested Reading: Features of Sage 50
Sage 50 Hosting safeguards data with industry-leading security procedures and multi-level security checks.
24×7 Technical Support
Skilled professionals are accessible 24×7 via phone, chat, and email to handle technical difficulties with cloud-hosted Sage 50.
Users can integrate add-ons for tax applications, invoicing, billing, and payment according to business requirements with Sage 50 Hosting.
Remote access to Sage 50 helps resolves many of the pain points faced while accomplishing accounting tasks. Both Sage 50c and Sage 50 cloud hosting have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
It is crucial to understand the working of each version to make an informed decision and find the perfect fit.