Last updated on August 5th, 2022
Sage 50 (previously known as Peachtree) is an accountancy and payroll application aimed at easing the accounting tasks for businesses of all sizes. It offers many benefits, like managing cash flow, creating reports, tracking payrolls, sales analysis, and much more.
Despite offering a wide range of features, the desktop-based Sage 50 application lacks remote accessibility.
However, one can access Sage 50 remotely by harnessing the power of the cloud. This approach can be implemented in two ways:
- Using Sage 50c, i.e., a SaaS-based application by Sage Group
- Hosting the Sage 50’s desktop application on a third-party service provider’s cloud server
Here are some insights into both of the approaches mentioned above:
Sage 50c, Sage Group’s comprehensive cloud-based solution, was released in 2017 to help small and medium enterprises have access to cutting-edge technology and innovation. It is designed to offer novice and experienced business owners complete control over their finances and accounts. It also provides real-time data to help them make faster decisions and automate time-consuming activities to improve productivity and eliminate paperwork.
Sage Drive is installed in addition to the desktop-based application that enables data backup. Sage 50c can accommodate a maximum of 20 users and can be accessed by an authorized user remotely, but it has some restrictions. It limits the access of data to a single user at a time by locking out other users that want to access the information at the same time. Therefore, team collaboration is limited when using Sage 50c.
Features Of Sage 50c
Sage 50c provides flexible reporting solutions that help you generate meaningful insights faster and more intelligently.
Business Performance Dashboards
Business Performance Dashboards can record and simplify complicated data sets, creating visuals that offer a quick yet comprehensive view of current performance.
Using Microsoft OneDrive, clients can capture receipts, charges, invoices, and other necessary documents.
Mobile Invoicing and Expense Tracking
With this feature, business owners can track costs and generate invoices whenever needed.
Cloud Document Storage
Using Microsoft OneDrive, organizations can get rid of paperwork by enabling secure file storage, data access, sharing, and more for documents.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium
Included with Sage 50c is the market-leading business productivity suite that can help your business boom.
Sage Contact integrates with Microsoft Outlook to give users access to necessary information, including history, contact information, and more, from any platform, at any time.
This automated feature connects users directly to their bank accounts to get the latest information about their finances.
Sage 50 Hosting
The desktop version of Sage 50 can be hosted on the cloud servers of third-party hosting providers. It offers flexibility and mobility benefits to its users.
Some of the prominent features of Sage 50 hosting include:
- Remote access at any time from any internet-connected device, such as a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone
- Ability to upscale or downscale resources like the number of users, RAM, and storage space as per business requirements
- Enhanced security measures by competent hosting providers to safeguard information from malicious attacks
- Regular data backups to retrieve information in case of accidental loss or theft
Moreover, multiple users can access and edit information simultaneously in contrast to Sage 50c. In order to access Sage 50 remotely through third-party cloud hosting, one must follow the following steps:
1. Buy Sage 50 licenses available online from either the official website of Sage Group or Amazon.
2. Choose a reliable cloud hosting provider by analyzing the following factors:
- The experience of cloud vendor in terms of number of years, and clients it has served in the accounting field.
- Security standards implemented to safeguard information from accidental losses or cyberattacks.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) that includes an uptime guarantee, backup policy, and termination cost.
- Availability and expertise of customer support offered by the cloud hosting provider.
3. After shortlisting the hosting provider, Sage 50 license is hosted on the virtual servers so that the accounting application can be accessed from anywhere through an RDP portal or a web browser.
4. Users are provided with the login credentials, and all of the data is updated in real-time.
Features Of Sage 50 Hosting
Sage 50 Hosting comes with automated upgrades that will help you to keep up to date.
By deploying multi-redundant IT architecture and real-time threat monitoring, Sage applications hosted on high-performance cloud servers offer a 99.999 percent uptime.
People from different locations can collaborate, access, edit, and work on the same application, making collaboration easier.
Enterprise Level Security
Sage 50 Hosting safeguards your data with industry-leading security procedures and multi-level security checks to keep it safe from hackers.
24×7 Technical Support
Certified professionals are accessible 24×7 via phone, chat, and email to handle technical difficulties with your hosted Sage 50.
You can integrate add-ons for tax applications, invoicing, billing, and payment as per your business requirements with Sage 50 Hosting.
Remote access to Sage 50 helps resolves many of the pain points faced while accomplishing accounting tasks. Both Sage 50c and Sage 50 cloud hosting have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
It is crucial to understand the working of each version to make an informed decision and find the perfect fit.
To know more about Sage 50 remote access, chat with our solutions consultant on 855-879-5481.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant