Intuit offers robust professional desktop-based tax software solutions, namely Lacerte tax software and ProSeries tax software. Both solutions have a comprehensive set of features that has emerged as a boon for tax preparers. The use of these tax software has reduced paper consumption and saved time for tax professionals.
Therefore, it becomes difficult to choose the perfect fit between both of the tax applications.
Here is a detailed insight into both applications:
Lacerte Tax Software
Lacerte software is preferred by the users as it offers a wide range of features that are not covered by any other tax application in the market. Lacerte tax software provides tools and solutions to aid businesses of all sizes.
Its an easy navigation feature, and the worksheet-based data entry interface makes it one of the most popular tax software to use.
ProSeries Tax Software
ProSeries software is a tax application used by small to medium-sized businesses.
As per the survey by the Journal of Accountancy, ProSeries is highly-rated for its ease-of-use. Intuit ProSeries offers many features to its users and is much more affordable compared to Lacerte tax software. It provides a form-based interface that is liked by most of the professionals.
Here is a comparison of the features offered by Lacerte and ProSeries tax software.
|Features||Lacerte Tax Software||ProSeries Tax Software|
|Number of Forms||5,700||3,700|
|Number of Error Check Diagnostics||25,000||1,000|
|Integration with OfficeTools||Yes||No|
|Schedule D Excel Import||Yes||No|
|Customizable Client Reports||Yes||No|
|Client Paper Organizer||Yes||As an add-on service|
|Pricing Package||Lacerte 200 (Pay-as-you-go)
Lacerte Unlimited (Pay-as-you-go)
Lacerte REP (From $426)
|ProSeries Basic (From $450)
ProSeries Professional (From $340)
|Customer Review (G2.com)||4.2/5 (26 Reviews)||4.2/5 (76 Reviews)|
In addition to these differences, being Intuit’s products, both Lacerte and ProSeries have some similarities:
- Tax software applications have data input assistance that includes on-screen help, line-sensitive help, and more.
- K-1 data is automatically transferred to individual returns.
- Missing client data feature helps to track down missing fields and data in the form.
- Approvals and agreements can be collected digitally through E-Signature by DocuSign.
- Tax Analysis and planning tools offer tax advice and customizable plans to serve clients better.
- Both applications integrate with Intuit Link, a client portal solution for sharing files securely over the internet.
- Accounting data can be imported easily from QuickBooks into the tax application for filing returns.
- Lacerte software and ProSeries software can be hosted on the cloud-servers of a third-party hosting provider for added functionality, such as remote access, multi-user collaboration, scalability of resources, regular backups, and more.
To Wrap It Up
Both Lacerte and ProSeries have helped ease tax filing tasks for tax preparers. It is crucial to analyze the choices to make an informed decision. One can go through the points mentioned above to find a perfect fit for their requirements.
Still confused between Lacerte tax software and ProSeries tax software? Contact our Solutions Consultant at 855-321-6576 to know more.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant