When it comes to tax preparation software, accounting professionals often find themselves at a crossroads, debating between popular options like Lacerte and ProSeries.
Intuit has developed both Lacerte tax and ProSeries tax software to take care of your taxation needs. These solutions have comprehensive features that have emerged as a boon for tax preparers. Using tax software has reduced paper consumption and saved time for tax professionals.
In this blog, we’ll delve into the key differences between Lacerte and ProSeries, helping you make an informed decision based on your specific needs.
Lacerte is a comprehensive tax software solution designed for tax professionals and accounting firms. Known for its robust features and capabilities, Lacerte is often favored for its advanced tax calculations, intricate forms support, and seamless e-filing options. It caters to a wide range of tax scenarios, making it suitable for complex situations commonly faced by businesses and high-net-worth individuals.
Key Features of Lacerte:
Specifications: Lacerte provides a vast library of 5,700+ forms catering to diverse client needs. Incorporating 25,000+ error-detection diagnostics boosts efficiency by integrating 32 time-saving features.
- Advanced Tax Calculations: Lacerte excels in handling intricate tax calculations, making it suitable for complex tax scenarios.
- Extensive Forms Support: The software supports a vast array of tax forms, accommodating diverse client needs.
- E-filing Capabilities: Lacerte streamlines the e-filing process, allowing tax professionals to submit returns electronically for added convenience.
- Client Data Management: Lacerte offers robust client data management tools, facilitating efficient organization and retrieval of essential information.
ProSeries is another leading tax preparation software, primarily catering to tax professionals and accountants. It is recognized for its user-friendly interface and flexibility, making it an ideal choice for practitioners handling a varied client base. ProSeries balances comprehensive tax features and ease of use, making it accessible for both small and large tax practices.
Key Features of ProSeries:
- Specifications: Simplify data input through a forms-based interface. Make your tax return preparation efficient with over 27 integrated time-saving tools. Utilize 1,000+ diagnostics to enhance accuracy and ensure correct returns on the first attempt.
- Comprehensive Tax Support: The software covers various tax scenarios, offering comprehensive support for various tax forms and situations.
- Client Collaboration Tools: ProSeries facilitates collaboration between tax professionals and clients, streamlining tax preparation.
- Flexibility: ProSeries is recognized for its flexibility, making it suitable for both small and large tax practices with diverse client needs.
What is the Difference Between Lacerte and ProSeries?
Here is a detailed insight into both applications:
Complexity and Specialization:
- Lacerte: Suited for complex tax scenarios and businesses with intricate financial structures
- ProSeries: Strikes a balance between comprehensive features and accessibility, making it suitable for many clients
User Interface and Learning Curve:
- Lacerte: May have a steeper learning curve due to its advanced features
- ProSeries: Known for its user-friendly interface, offering a smoother learning experience
- Lacerte: Generally priced at a premium due to its advanced capabilities
- ProSeries: Offers competitive pricing with flexibility to cater to both small and large tax practices
|Lacerte Tax Software
|ProSeries Tax Software
|Number of Forms
|Number of Error Check Diagnostics
|Integration with Office Tools
|Schedule D Excel Import
|Customizable Client Reports
|Client Paper Organizer
|As an add-on service
|Lacerte 200 (Pay-as-you-go)
|Lacerte Unlimited Modules (Pay-as-you-go)
|Lacerte REP (From $426)
|ProSeries Basic (From $450)
|ProSeries Professional (From $340)
|Customer Review (G2.com)
|4.2/5 (36 Reviews)
|4.2/5 (82 Reviews)
In addition to these differences, being Intuit’s products, both Lacerte and ProSeries have some similarities:
- Tax software applications have data input assistance that includes on-screen help, line-sensitive help, and more.
- K-1 data is automatically transferred to individual returns.
- Missing client data feature helps to track down missing fields and data in the form.
- Approvals and agreements can be collected digitally through E-Signature by DocuSign.
- Tax Analysis and planning tools offer tax advice and customizable plans to serve clients better.
- Both applications integrate with Intuit Link, a client portal solution for sharing files securely over the Internet.
- Accounting data can be imported easily from QuickBooks into the tax application for filing returns.
Lacerte software and ProSeries software can be hosted on the cloud servers of a third-party hosting provider for added functionality, such as remote access, multi-user collaboration, scalability of resources, regular backups, and more.
To Wrap It Up
Both Lacerte and ProSeries have helped ease tax filing tasks for tax preparers. It is crucial to analyze the choices to make an informed decision. One can go through the abovementioned points to find a perfect fit for their requirements.
Still confused between Lacerte tax software and ProSeries tax software? Contact our Solutions Consultant at +1-855-223-4887 to know more.