QuickBooks is feature-rich software that has the capabilities to ease accounting tasks for professionals. It helps manage invoices, bills, payrolls, accounts, and generating reports for tax returns, and more.
However, when the QuickBooks software is installed on the local system, the mobility and flexibility of information get restricted. It becomes challenging to work from any remote location on your QuickBooks software.
Therefore, to overcome this situation, more and more businesses are adopting cloud technology.
But, how to move QuickBooks to cloud?
QuickBooks Desktop can be migrated to the cloud by adopting QuickBooks hosting, which will ensure remote access to the application through any internet-connected device.
What is QuickBooks Hosting?
QuickBooks Hosting is a type of service where third-party service providers host your QuickBooks Desktop application on their cloud infrastructure for a nominal periodic fee. It provides many advantages, such as:
- Anytime, anywhere data access
- Multi-user collaboration
- Resource scalability
- Regular backups
QuickBooks hosting combines the feature-set of the accounting application with the power and flexibility of the cloud. Hence, it can be considered one of the best options to increase the functionality of QuickBooks software.
Here are the steps and considerations for moving QuickBooks to the cloud.
1. Assess Your Requirements
The very first step to moving QuickBooks to the cloud is to evaluate your requirements. The cloud services you need depends upon the size, type, and budget of your business. For example, every business uses different versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise) depending upon their needs. In order to accommodate them on the cloud network, there is a need to analyze the setup thoroughly.
Check the requirements for the number of users, file sizes, QuickBooks add-ons, server resources, and more. It helps to plan out your finances and streamline the workflow for the future.
2. Choose Your Provider
After taking note of your needs, it’s time to choose the right hosting provider. There are many cloud service providers (CSPs) in the market. Selecting the best possible option amongst them can be challenging.
However, you can shortlist from all the options by considering the following set of criteria:
- Expertise: The years of experience in the field and client base of the cloud provider help determine the reliability of their services. Furthermore, check the industry experience of the provider to ensure the best possible environment to host QuickBooks.
- Availability: The uptime guarantees the availability of cloud services. Therefore, always check the SLA (Service Level Agreement) for the mentioned server availability. Ensure various measures, like High-Performance Computing (HPC) that assure the availability of services at all times.
- Security: Securing business data from various malicious and non-malicious attacks is a priority for every business. Choose a competent cloud hosting provider that safeguards your information at all levels by implementing various standards, such as data encryption, multiple firewalls, antivirus, anti-malware, multi-level authorization system, and more.
- Support: Constant support is required to overcome any IT-issues faced during the work process. Look for a Quickbooks hosting provider that promises round-the-clock support with various contact platforms like emails, calls, and chats.
- Disaster Recovery: Accidents can occur at any time and lead to disruption in business operations. Some reliable QuickBooks Hosting providers offer disaster recovery solutions where the data is replicated at multiple data centers that are geographically isolated. Therefore, even if one of the servers is down, data can be retrieved from another location.
- Pricing: The budget of the services needs to be within the assigned expenses for better profit margins. Many hosting providers have pay-as-you-go pricing models. Therefore, select the best plan and the provider that suits your needs.
3. Migrate QuickBooks Data
Once you choose the cloud service provider, it’s time to migrate QuickBooks files to the cloud. It is advisable to move less crucial files first to know the process better. Shifting QuickBooks data to the cloud requires proper planning. Migrating QuickBooks data to the cloud means that you can access the files by logging in to your account from any internet-connected devices, like laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Follow the steps mentioned below for migrating files from desktop to cloud:
- Open the location of the QuickBooks files under the Computer location.
- Copy the required files to be backed up from the system.
- Log in to the virtual machine installed by the cloud service provider. Under the folder QuickBooks Files, select Paste to create a backup of the same on the cloud servers.
The best QuickBooks hosting providers offer managed services where data migration is a part of their process. You can also contact the QuickBooks Hosting provider and they take care of the rest. Hence, it is recommended to choose a provider that offers managed services.
4. Host Cloud Training
Working in the cloud environment might be a new thing for many employees. Although QuickBooks hosting doesn’t change the interface of the application, it is crucial to know the basic working of the cloud to understand the benefits you get.
Therefore, providing training for the same to the team is essential. You can contact your hosting provider or host in-house sessions with the IT team. It will help you get better insights into the working and what all you can achieve with QuickBooks hosting and its add-ons.
5. Check IT Infrastructure
QuickBooks hosting doesn’t need most of the hardware and software resources, like on-premise servers, high-end desktops, etc. But, it requires a reliable internet connection round the clock. A poor connection can disrupt the workflow and lead to the loss of billable hours.
Always ensure that your connectivity and network system is stable for uninterrupted business operations. Keep a power backup source to stay connected even in case of an outage.
Quickbooks hosting is a one-stop solution for all accounting needs. It streamlines your business operations and will help you stay ahead of the competition.
Follow the steps mentioned above to migrate your QuickBooks application from desktop to cloud seamlessly.
One of the critical steps in this process is choosing a reliable cloud hosting provider that will help you stand-out in the market. Intuit Authorized QuickBooks hosting providers like Ace Cloud Hosting ensure a 99.999% uptime guarantee, bank-level security, 100-day rolling backup, and more.
Get in touch with our Solutions Consultant at 855-223-4887 to get a free 10-day trial of a customized QuickBooks cloud solution.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant