QuickBooks (QB) has become the go-to accounting software for small and medium businesses all over the world. This is primarily because of the diverse options that the customers have in the form of QB desktop editions – Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant.
These are all desktop software solutions that need to be installed in your computers. They vary in features as well as pricing to cater to every scale and type of business, so the customers can choose the best solution for their business.
For instance, while QuickBooks Pro can cater up to 3 users, QuickBooks Premier offers 5 users. The Premier edition has all the QB Pro features with some additional ones. However, these versions are best suited for small businesses with a limited workforce.
For a growing business, however, the best version that QuickBooks offers is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. QuickBooks Enterprise Solution is an all-in-one package for businesses aiming to expand their operations in the near future.
Here are some of the reasons why growing businesses should buy QuickBooks Enterprise.
1. It can grow with the business
For a company that has an objective to establish itself in the market in the coming years should be proactive in its approach. Hence, you should look for solutions that can grow with the business. Otherwise, with time, you would have to keep migrating to different business management software solutions.
QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop is the most scalable solution offered by Intuit. The earlier QB Enterprise versions offered a maximum of 30 users. However, Intuit has increased the number of users to 40 in the latest QuickBooks Enterprise Platinum 20.0 Diamond package.
However, the important thing to note here is that you can buy 1-10 user license when the business is in the early stages and can upgrade later as it grows, and you require more users. Hence, you always pay only for the users you need.
2. No need for an ERP
ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning is a business management solution comprising of all the core business functions like sales, HR, finances, customer management, etc. However, the ERP solution is cost-effective only for multinationals with a considerable workforce.
A small/mid-sized business cannot leverage all the features of an ERP solution. Also, the prices of these ERP solutions are generally on the high side, not affordable by a growing business.
QuickBooks Enterprise has all the essential accounting features like invoicing, payroll, payments, and receipts that a growing company needs. On top of the accounting functions, you also get some advanced features like inventory, reporting, and sales, so you get a complete business solution.
Hence, you get all you need in QuickBooks Enterprise and save the cost of deploying a dedicated ERP solution.
3. Integrate useful applications
As the business keeps growing, the company required additional functions, along with that provided by QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. These functions can be anything from employee time tracking to a simple data import/export tool.
Various applications are available to accomplish these complementary functions. However, it is essential that the applications integrate with your QuickBooks Enterprise, so the dataflow gets automated.
QuickBooks Enterprise offers integration with over 200 third-party applications covering diverse functions. Hence, you do not need to look anywhere else when you decide to opt for QuickBooks Enterprise.
4. Get unlimited support
Whether you have a dedicated IT team in your office or not, there are some issues that can only be resolved by experts. Intuit offers exclusive customer support, which implies that you can contact their team of QuickBooks experts for help with installation and setup of QB Desktop Enterprise. Moreover, you can also contact them in case of any queries.
However, if you opt for QuickBooks Enterprise Hosting service from an Intuit Authorized Commercial Host, you get round-the-clock support regarding all your IT issues. This, along with QuickBooks support, means that you can work worry-free with expert assistance at your beck and call.
5. Solutions specific to your industry
One of the most important considerations for a growing company is to identify the key features they need in business software for their type of industry. Otherwise, they end up paying more than they use or do not get enough features to accomplish their tasks.
With QuickBooks Enterprise, all your worries of getting the right features vanish as it offers business-specific solutions to industries like construction, nonprofit, retail, professional services, accountants, wholesale and manufacturing, among others.
- Construction: If you are a contractor, QuickBooks Enterprise offers the best solution for you. It helps you manage your projects efficiently by estimating job costs accurately. Moreover, you also create work orders, get customized report bundles, schedule tasks, and set reminders.
- Manufacturing and Wholesale: QB Enterprise for manufacturing and wholesale lets you manage your inventory by tracking items by serial number, lot number, or bin location. You can get a dedicated dashboard to manage your sales orders and check inventory levels in real-time.
- Retail: With QB Enterprise solution for retailers, you get key insights into your retail business with reports like monthly sales by customer and purchase volume by vendor. You can also automate the pricing by setting rules for items, such as quantity discounts and scheduled promotions. Other features include sales summary form and sales graph.
- Nonprofit Organization: If you are a part of a nonprofit setup, QuickBooks Enterprise helps you store the donor list securely by setting roles and access permissions for users. You also get built-in templates to customize donor forms with the designed logo and statement.
- Professional Services: QuickBooks Enterprise offers a customized solution for service-based businesses. Its advanced features help in monitoring the cashflow with the help of projections. You can create job costing estimates by comparing the cost of multiple projects, track progress and profitability levels, and more.
- Accountants: The QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant Edition offers specialized services for the accounting professionals so they can serve their clients effortlessly. Features like QuickBooks File Manager and Accountant Center helps in better management and sharing of files with clients and easy reconciliation, respectively.
A company needs all the right tools and resources to keep up with the competitors and ensure constant growth.QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is not only a basic accounting tool but also provides some essential business functions that eliminate the cost and efforts of implementing an ERP solution.
If you are a small and medium business, QuickBooks Enterprise is the optimum solution for you.
For more information about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, call our Solutions Consultant at 855-223-4887.