All the software applications in the world can be broken down into two major categories – web-based and desktop-based.
Web-based or SaaS applications are built to be accessed via the Internet, whereas desktop applications are locally installed in a system and cannot be accessed remotely. Similar is the case with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, as it has its own set of limitations.
Let’s discuss some of these in detail:
1. Manual Installation
One of the most significant limitations of QB Enterprise is that it needs to be installed manually. This is not a big concern if the process was to be executed once; the problem is that you need to install QB Enterprise separately on each computer. This consumes a lot of time and energy and hinders organizational productivity.
2. Manual Updates
If you manage to install QB Enterprise on every system separately, then comes the even more cumbersome task of updating it. Just like any other desktop application, QB Enterprise needs to be updated separately on each computer. This becomes a whole new task for your IT team to update the software on every system.
3. Third-Party Integrations
Desktop applications have several limitations when it comes to integration with third-party applications. And QB Enterprise is no exception – it can be integrated with hundreds of applications, but there are certain limitations to it.
For instance, you can easily experience slow data processing if you integrate a locally installed QB Enterprise with multiple applications.
To encounter such limitations of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, there comes a need for a solution – hosting it on the cloud is exactly what businesses need. Cloud hosting offers high-performance computing and a scalable IT infrastructure that makes data processing and other demanding tasks a piece of cake. Other common benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise hosting include:
- Multi-user access
- Smoother file sharing
- Reduced IT expenses
- Third-party integrations
- Data backups
- Business Continuity plans
How to Add Hosting to Your QB Desktop Enterprise
Follow these steps to add hosting to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software.
- The first step towards QuickBooks Enterprise cloud hosting is to select a hosting provider that matches your requirements. Some of the considerations that you should keep in mind are:
- Intuit Authorization
- High-Performance Servers
- Infrastructure Redundancy
- Flexibility and Scalability
- Round-the-clock Support
- Flexible Pricing
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Uptime Guarantee
- The hosting provider will host your license of QB Enterprise, or you can get a new QuickBooks Enterprise license from their team.
- The provider will start the configuration of your system and data migration.
- You’ll be given access to your QB Enterprise on the cloud with the help of login credentials. Please ensure that all the security protocols are followed, and you can access your data from multiple devices (laptops, smartphones) and operating systems (Windows, Android, iOS).
- You can access your application and data via the client software or web browser, and the rest of the functionalities and UI remain the same. The major noticeable difference will be that all the data changes will be saved and reflected in real-time.
Top Benefits of Adding Hosting to QuickBooks Enterprise Solution
1. Data Security
One of the most significant benefits of QuickBooks Enterprise with hosting over its desktop version is the level of data security it offers. Reputed service providers offer top-notch data security with features like data encryption, multi-factor authentication, the latest firewalls and antivirus, automatic intrusion detection, and more. To increase this security further, they offer physical security and CCTV monitoring of data servers as well.
QBES hosting addresses a major pain point when it comes to collaboration. There are instances when CPAs and accountants need to collaborate and share data with each other and the client.
For this, they send spreadsheets and other files over email, creating multiple versions of the same file. With QuickBooks Enterprise on cloud, every stakeholder can access the data at a central location, and the changes made are reflected in the original file.
3. Remote Access
Most people switch to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise hosting because of its inability to provide remote access. If you need to make a small change in a spreadsheet, you have to be in the office. In contrast, QB Enterprise hosting enables you to access your QB data from any place in the world, anytime. All you need a stable internet connection and valid authorization.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise hosting opens up a whole new world of possibilities for CPAs and accounting firms. All they need is to contact a hosting provider with their QuickBooks license and leave the rest to the provider.
If you, too, wish to add hosting your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, get in touch with our Solutions Consultant at 855-879-5481.