With a huge amount of work and only 24 hours in a day, sometimes accountants may feel like they don’t have enough time to get everything done. Unfortunately, there is no magic spell that can add extra hours to the workday.
The good news is that the right set of applications can help to do wonders and improve efficiency in the least amount of time.
This infographic lists 20 productivity apps that accountants need in 2020 to improve their productivity.
Let’s explore in detail-
- Inbox by Gmail – It is an email service and has features like snoozing email, smart reply, nudges, and high-priority notifications, which bring the best email experience that help accountants to have a more focused approach.
- Boomerang – With boomerang, write an email and schedule it automatically for the perfect time. Not only this, accountants can follow up within a specific time frame after sending the messages.
- Grammarly – It is an online grammar checker that helps accounts to cut down the extra time they spend re-reading and re-writing emails and especially in getting the tones of the emails just right.
- Asana – It is a project management software that helps accountants to make more time for work. It enables them to organize tasks and projects, communicate, and collaborate with the team to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Trello – It is a collaboration tool that lets accountants work more collaboratively and efficiently. It has lists, boards, and cards to prioritize and organize projects in a flexible, fun, and rewarding manner.
- Evernote – It is a note-taking app that organizes notes, web pages, projects, and to-do lists effortlessly. Accountants can get real-time updates about their tasks so that nothing falls through the cracks.
- TSheets – It is an easy-to-use time tracking software to streamline payroll, send correct invoices, and save both time and money. Other than that, it reminds employees to check-in and out according to the deadlines of the project.
- TimeCamp – It is an automated time tracking software that offers accountants a single and centralized platform to manage both project time and budgets, improving the productivity of the project.
- Harvest – It is a time and expenses tracking software to get valuable insights into the business. With the help of this app, accountants can access critical data, track the team’s time, and keep the project on track.
- Square – It is a complete service to run the business from accepting payments, tracking sales, and inventory to small business finances. Accountants can accept payments anytime and anywhere because this app comes with a portable card to receive payments.
- PayPal Here – It is a payment app that allows accountants to send and request money online. Accountants need to register a credit card or debit card with PayPal account for easy payment transfer.
- Slack – It is a messaging app which accountants can use to communicate throughout the firm by channels for group discussion. Moreover, private messages can also be sent to share file, documents, and information in one place.
- Skype – It is all in one communication app for messaging, video conferencing, calling, and document sharing to effortlessly collaborate with the employees or clients who are away from the office.
- FreeAgent – It is an app that gives real-time and automatic alerts on deadlines and issues in the books of the client. Even the clients can have access to this app to eliminate any confusion between accountant and client.
- DropBox – It is a cloud-based tool to store and share a file securely from any device. Scattered data can be quite annoying for accountants. DropBox can help them to be organized, stay focused, and be in sync with the team to improve productivity.
- Google Drive – It a cloud storage platform to save documents and files so that accountants can share them whenever required with multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, or computers.
- Microsoft OneDrive – It is an online file storage app with 15 GB of free storage. Since it is a Microsoft service, the files will work nicely with the Office app, and accountants will not have to worry if the document will not open in Word.
- Adobe Sign – It is a simple e-signature app that is helpful for accountants in signing large number documents faster without wasting much time and energy in the paper-based manual tasks.
- Receipt Bank – It is a productivity tool for accountants to eliminate the manual data entry tasks and reduce the usage of paper. It has easy automation to collect, process, and publish invoices and receipts.
- LastPass – It is a password management app that saves accountants’ efforts and time to remember or jot down all sorts of unique passwords. They can even manage passwords company-wide by giving employees convenient access.
Along with applications like these, there are some technologies like cloud accounting which streamlines and transforms the business process for accountants and CPAs, thus increasing their overall productivity.
Do you know any additional productivity apps for accountants that we missed? Please share with us in the comment section below.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Chat With A Solutions Consultant