Cloud computing is the future for many businesses. Today, most SMBs are choosing to shift from on-premises software to cloud-hosted software. QuickBooks Hosting is no exception! One of the most popular accounting applications for accounting firms and accountants, QuickBooks helps you effectively manage tax invoices, bills, payrolls, accounts, generate reports for tax returns, and more. However, suppose you plan to shift from the desktop version to QuickBooks cloud version. In that case, you’ll undoubtedly get additional benefits such as automated cloud backups, high-end data security, round-the-clock technical support, and much more.
So, why wait further? Let’s look at how to migrate QuickBooks on the cloud and what to consider while evaluating a QuickBooks Hosting service provider.
Table of Contents
Before You Migrate
Migrating QuickBooks to the cloud doesn’t just involve the transfer of data. Before the migration, you must evaluate the current IT infrastructure and its setup. Secondly, ensure that your employees clearly understand the private and public clouds. If required, conduct proper cloud training sessions for them. Last but not least, identify your business needs and list down your expectations before migrating QuickBooks to the cloud.
How to Execute the Migration?
Upon fixating the QuickBooks Hosting service provider, you can start migrating your QuickBooks files to the cloud. It would be best to do proper planning before migrating your QuickBooks data to the cloud. It is recommended that you move the files with less importance first. Once moved, you can access the files by logging into your account from various compatible devices like laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to migrate your QuickBooks files to the cloud:
- Back up your QuickBooks files and save them on your local computer.
- Right-click on your mouse and click on the “Copy” option.
- Open QuickBooks in your Cloud Desktop.
- Restore the backup and select “Next”.
- Select “Local Backup” and click “Next”.
- Navigate to Computer > Cloud Drive C:\ > Cloud Files
- Right-click on your mouse and paste the files you’ve copied earlier.
Although you can go for the above-mentioned manual process of migrating your QuickBooks files to the cloud, you don’t have to do it yourself if you avail QuickBooks Hosting services from a reliable service provider. This is because data migration is a part of their service and they also offer managed services.
Benefits of Migration to QuickBooks Cloud
Migrating from QuickBooks Desktop to the cloud comes with a bundle of benefits, such as:
1. High-End Data Security: Data security is one of the major concerns for businesses of all sorts and sizes. Malicious threats and attacks can significantly impact your business information’s privacy, integrity, and availability. To mitigate this, you require a robust system in place.
By availing the services of a QuickBooks Hosting provider, you can ensure top-notch security of your financial data. This is because a reliable service provider implements multiple security standards, such as:
- Multiple level firewall protection
- Intrusion Detection and Protection System (IDPS)
- DDoS protection
- Anti-virus and anti-malware
- End-to-end encryption
- Authentication system
2. Remote Access: Migrating to QuickBooks Hosting gives you an excellent opportunity to access the application from anywhere, anytime. All you need is a compatible Wi-Fi device such as a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
3. High Uptime: Businesses prefer uninterrupted access to their financial data along with high uptime. QuickBooks Hosting guarantees this. Along with high uptime, availing the services from a reliable cloud hosting provider ensures that you have continued access to your data without any hiccups.
4. Effective Collaboration: A lot of to-and-fro data occurs when it comes to filing taxes which often impacts the productivity of a business. By opting for QuickBooks Hosting services, you can simultaneously allow your accountant and tax professionals to work on the same platform. As such, you can ensure a significant pace while executing a tax filing task.
5. Cost-Effective: When you host QuickBooks on the cloud, you eliminate the requirement of installing the application on your computer system. The QuickBooks Cloud-hosted solution runs on terminal servers. That said, you don’t need to invest in a dedicated system or upgrade your on-premise IT infrastructure.
6. Disaster Recovery and Data Backup: Factors like theft, fires, natural disasters, etc., often lead businesses to face disruptions. Such issues not only affect business continuity but also make it challenging to recover data. To mitigate this, you can choose QuickBooks Cloud Hosting solution that features Disaster Recovery. A reliable hosting provider stores your data redundantly across multiple geographical locations in multiple data centers. As such, even if one data center goes down or undergoes maintenance, you can access your data from a different data center and ensure business continuity.
7. 24×7, 365-days Technical Support: When you avail the services of QuickBooks Hosting, you get round-the-clock customer support for any of your QuickBooks-oriented queries. Besides, you get features like remote upgrades, which negates the requirement of acquiring new IT resources.
Evaluating a QuickBooks Hosting Service Provider? Points to Consider!
Ensuring a successful migration of QuickBooks Hosting should be of epitome importance to your business. To ensure this, you must choose the right hosting provider that has the potential to take your business to newer heights. So, before opting for a service provider, you must evaluate the new provider by asking multiple questions, such as:
- Who can access my tax data and files?
- What will happen if I lose access to my data?
- Is there a scalable QuickBooks Hosting solution to meet my changing business needs?
- How much experience do you have in providing QuickBooks Hosting services?
- Can I make changes in the QuickBooks Hosting service plans whenever I need them?
- How about your data backup plans, and do you provide additional backup?
- Where are you located, and is your data center geographically located?
- Can I be assured of enough security for my QuickBooks solution and data?
- Do you provide round-the-clock support to your customers?
- Do you have any offers if I opt for your service? If yes, what are they?
Wrapping it Up
Identifying your requirements and expectations is critical when migrating QuickBooks to the cloud. QuickBooks Hosting can play an essential role in making your accounting tasks more productive and fulfilling your business requirements. If you’ve decided to migrate to QuickBooks on the cloud, you are definitely getting benefitted from the additional services. As such, it becomes crucial that you are fully prepared for the transition and select the cloud service provider that fits best for your business.
Follow the series of steps mentioned above to migrate your QuickBooks application to the cloud. Should you prefer a consultation, feel free to reach us at 855-635-6515. We’ll be glad to assist you and offer a free 10-day trial of a customized QuickBooks cloud solution so that you can make an informed decision for your business.