Remote Desktop Connection
Subject Descriptors: Remote Connection (Inbuilt feature of Windows Operating System)
Introduction: Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a protocol developed by Microsoft, which provides a user with a graphical interface to another computer.
Platform (Version): Remote Desktop – Windows Vista, XP, 7 (All Windows and Mac Platform as-well)
Task Description: How to Create a Remote Desktop Connector to connect Remote Server.
Port Number: 3389
Advantages: Remote Desktop gives you a freedom to work remotely with any remote computer. When you connect to the remote desktop, you can see the screen at real time and all your mouse movements and key presses are transmitted to the remote PC so that they appear to be exactly the same way as your personal PC.
Thus, you don’t need to physically visit each PC in order to access it. All administration, configuration, support, troubleshooting, education and other kind of day-to-day tasks can be performed remotely.
Steps to Create RDP :
1. Go to start and select run:
2. Type Command: mstsc in run and Click OK
3. Enter the details as shown below:
In General Tab :
a. Computer: xxx.myrealdata.net (Server name or the IP Address of server)
b. User name: test (User name on Server)
4. Enter the details as shown below:
In Display Tab :
a. Remote Desktop Size : Full Screen
b. Colors : High Color (16 bit)
5. Enter the details as shown below:
In Local Resources Tab :
- Local devices and resources: check Printers, Clipboard.
b. Click on More and check Drives and click OK
6. Go to General tab:
a. Click On Save As..
7. Save the RDP at Desktop with the User Name
8. Go to Desktop and double click the RDP icon
9. Enter the Password and then you will be able to access the remote computer.