How to close frozen QuickBooks session (for dedicated server only)?
The QuickBooks application freezes or gets unresponsive sometimes due to active and idle session or unstable local internet.
Note: The steps mentioned below will be applicable for dedicated servers only. In the case of a QuickBooks shared server, please get in touch with our support team.
Learn how to close a frozen QuickBooks session on a dedicated server by following the below steps:
- Right click and open Task manager on the server.
- Go to Users, click on your username and expand it.
- Find your opened QuickBooks session under it and click End task.
- Once it is closed, please login back to your QuickBooks company file. You will observe that the application/file will be responsive.
Here’re the 4 benefits of closing frozen QuickBooks session (for dedicated server only):
- Regain Productivity: Resolving a frozen QuickBooks session allows you to continue working uninterrupted, reducing productivity loss due to system freezes.
- Data Integrity: By ending a frozen session appropriately, you reduce the chance of data damage or loss, maintaining the integrity of your QuickBooks data.
- Time-Saving: Knowing how to end a frozen session saves time over restarting the server or waiting for the session to unfreeze.
- Improved System Stability: By resolving blocked sessions as soon as possible, you contribute to your dedicated server’s general stability and performance.
Knowing how to shut a frozen QuickBooks sessions on a dedicated server provides you with troubleshooting expertise that you can apply in similar scenarios, encouraging self-sufficiency and problem-solving abilities.
If you’re still having trouble closing frozen QuickBooks session (for dedicated server only) and need more help, feel free to contact us at +1-855-223-4887.