- Access the server and open Quick Books with the user Log in.
- Choose Edit > Preferences
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Select Send Forms and click Add.
- In the Add Email Info window:
- Enter your Email address in the Email Id field.
- In the Email Provider drop-down list, select your mail provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc). Note: The SMTP Server Details fields are automatically filled in and grayed out.
6. Click OK. Your Gmail account appears in the E-mail Ids field and is set as the current default.
7. Click OK.
8. Email a transaction or report as a test.
Note: You may be required to enter your password one or more times before sending forms when you launch QuickBooks or when you launch Windows. For security reasons, QuickBooks cannot store the password to send your email.