2023 comes with increased anxiety about cyberattacks. In light of increased multi-vector attacks at global organizations, you need insider information on the best SIEM solutions poised to lead the market next year.
SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) solutions are the foundation of a holistic IT security posture. SIEM tools aggregate and correlate event data from the entire IT infrastructure. Consequently, they provide an in-depth, clear picture of what’s happening in your network in real-time, on a centralized platform.
An efficiently optimized and well-configured SIEM solution performs multiple interconnected activities that deliver unparalleled network visibility and actionable threat intelligence. This includes functions such as:
- Log management
- Real-time monitoring and alerting
- Event correlation and threat intelligence
- User Entity and Behavior Analytics (UEBA)
- AI-powered automation
- Compliance management
SIEM solutions are multi-dimensional tools with a significant degree of complexity. Understanding how SIEM solutions function and how they add value to your IT security infrastructure is a crucial preliminary step to selecting a SIEM solution provider for your business.
Table of Contents
Top 10 SIEM Solutions in 2023
Businesses of all sizes and structures, across various industries, need a SIEM solution in their cybersecurity toolkit. But not every SIEM solution or solution provider will be the right fit for you. There are numerous SIEM solution providers in the market today but knowing which solution provider can be trusted is difficult.
We’re here to make your choice easier. Find the exhaustive list of the top 10 SIEM solutions below, with their central capabilities and drawbacks (if any) mentioned alongside. This information is sourced from Gartner Peer Insights and other peer-reviewed websites on the public domain.
1. ACE Managed SIEM
With 14+ years of experience in delivering advanced cloud solutions to a global clientele, Ace Cloud Hosting is an award-winning cloud security service provider. ACE Managed SIEM emboldens your security posture with full-spectrum visibility and 24/7 monitoring.
Ace Cloud Hosting’s Managed SIEM solution has the following features:
- Round-the-clock monitoring with 24/7 assistance and instant troubleshooting.
- Forensic analysis and proactive alerts with extensively indexed intelligence.
- Actionable threat intelligence with jargon-free communications.
- Audit-ready compliance reports for mandates like HIPAA, GDPR, and PCI DSS.
- Real-time incident response with minimal false positives.
- MITRE ATT&CK framework employed for threat analysis.
Suggested reading: Everything You Need To Know About SIEM Solutions
LogRhythm is a SIEM pioneer with the reputation of being a market leader. LogRhythm SIEM specializes in building a cohesive story around user and host entity data. It helps in gaining contextualized insights into the security events and faster remediation.
- Earlier and faster threat detection
- Visibility across the IT environment
- Easily scalable
- Cloud and on-premises deployment
3. IBM QRadar SIEM
IBM needs no introduction in the IT sphere. IBM QRadar SIEM has a modular architecture that supports multiple logging protocols and threat prioritization. On the downside, IBM QRadar has a relatively high cost which prohibits SMBs from utilizing the tool.
- Prioritizes high-fidelity alerts
- Monitors threat intelligence, network and user behavior anomalies
- Cloud or on-premises all-in-one deployment
4. Microsoft Azure Sentinel
Microsoft launched Azure Sentinel in late 2019, making it a relatively newer player in the SIEM market. It’s a popular choice for existing users of Microsoft security and IT solutions. Azure Sentinel is recognized for its smooth data onboarding process. The Microsoft approach is also a drawback as it does not have many third-party integrations with security vendors.
- Collects at “cloud scale”
- Detects previously uncovered threats
- Investigates threats with AI
- Responds with built-in orchestration and automation
Splunk is one of the most popular SIEM solutions in the market today. Its use cases cover both security as well as application and network monitoring capabilities. Along with providing information in real time, Splunk SIEM’s interface is comparatively user-friendly. On the downside, Splunk requires significant customizations to be effective and cannot be used “out of the box.”
- Extensible data platforms for unified security
- Accurate threat detections and rapid investigations
- Instant visibility and real-time alerts
6. McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
McAfee Enterprise Security Manager carries out advanced threat detections and manages compliance-related tasks while generating real-time reports. The accessible user-friendly interface enables easy handling for a range of security-related emergency scenarios.
- Cloud or on-premises deployment with flexible delivery
- Real-time data integration & event correlation
- Supports monitoring and collection against almost 240 regulations
7. AT&T Cybersecurity Unified Security Management (USM) Anywhere
AT&T’s Unified Security Management (USM) centralizes network and device security and helps in threat detection virtually anywhere. USM focuses on actual threats from day one of deployment with smart and automated data collection.
- Automated threat detection powered by AT&T Alien Labs
- Incident response orchestration with AlienApps
- Pre-built compliance and event reporting templates
8. SolarWinds Security Event Manager
The SolarWinds SIEM solution boasts of lacking any unnecessary complexity or cost. SolarWinds SEM improves your security posture and compliance coverage with a lightweight, ready-to-use, and affordable security solution.
- File integrity monitoring
- Forensic analysis
- Automated incident response
- Cyberthreat intelligence
- Compliance reporting
The Securonix SIEM solution is well regarded among the cybersecurity community. It includes next-generation SIEM capabilities such as an analytics-driven UEBA engine. Securonix has deployment partnerships with AWS and Snowflake. On the downside, Securonix’s standard license provides less hot storage than other SIEM vendors.
- Cloud-native built with on-demand scalability.
- Analytics-driven approach to find advanced threats
- Continuously updated content in real-time
LogPoint SIEM enhances application security and provides a platform for seamless application management. This highly scalable SIEM solution covers most monitoring and security-related use cases. Automated threat detection, accelerated investigations, and instant response empowers organizations to secure themselves efficiently.
- Incident prioritization
- UEBA-powered behavioral analysis
- Pattern identification and threat hunting
- Task automation and reduced alert fatigue
What Should You Look for In a Managed SIEM Provider?
Selecting the correct SIEM provider can be a difficult decision, especially with the wide variety of SIEM solutions and providers available in the market today. It’s important to keep in mind that SIEM is not an isolated solution. SIEM solutions are only effective when they’re seamlessly integrated with a larger security strategy. You need to ensure your SIEM solution is compatible with other security tools in place.
Affordability and cost restrictions are another significant concern when selecting a SIEM solution. Being an enterprise-grade security tool, SIEM solutions tend to cost towards the higher side. If you have a limited budget, the best choice for you would be a cloud-based next-generation SIEM provider like ACE Managed SIEM. ACE Managed Security Services provides fully managed SIEM solutions with flexible, customizable pricing and no hidden costs. You get to take advantage of a pay-as-you-go model with ACE.