Hosted Desktops are powered by cloud technology delivering virtual desktops to the end-users hosted on third-party servers. In layman’s terms, it is a cloud-based infrastructure that enables enterprises to provide virtual desktops to their workforce on any device, from anywhere, at any time.
Often, people get confused between Hosted Desktops and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Simply, VDI is a virtualization process that offers remote access to users with centralized servers. Here in VDI, the data is hosted in-house, not on third-party servers. On the other hand, when we use the provider’s cloud servers and data centers for this process, we refer to them as cloud-hosted desktops. In this service, the backend of the cloud is still VDI-based; the user just receives a managed service over the internet.
As more and more companies move towards externally managed infrastructures, choosing the right hosted desktop provider has become crucial to long-term success. However, the competition is vast, just like the market size. From VDI market giants like VMware, Amazon, and Microsoft that have their own data centers to the niche players that offer bespoke managed services, users have a wide bouquet of options to choose from. With this plethora of options out there, user expectations are also expanding.
So, how would you select the right provider out of so many? The answer is simple: Know Your Business Requirements and Make an Informed Choice.
For your assistance, we have compiled the top 5 cloud-hosted desktop providers who lead in terms of their services.
Top 5 Cloud Hosted Desktop Providers in 2022
1. Ace Cloud Hosting
Ace Cloud Hosting (ACE) is one of the Citrix Strategic Partners offering hosted virtual desktops, digital workspaces, and DaaS solutions. Their solutions are optimized to deliver a fast and secure cloud infrastructure to a flexible workforce from anywhere. They provide economical cloud offerings tailored to give you a GPU-intensive user experience on Windows, Linux, and other operating systems.
With ACE, get super-efficient virtual desktops that suit any business needs from small to medium enterprises. In addition, you get industry-specific Citrix Managed Desktops that can be integrated with multiple applications to give you an enterprise-ready cloud desktop experience.
1. We offer you an integrated desktop-as-a-service solution that gives you enhanced mobility from any device.
2. It is suitable for you if you have dynamic cloud desktop needs as you can leverage the pay-as-you-go model to streamline costs.
3. We create a high-performance virtual desktop environment for you that is fast and simple—so you can work faster with NVIDIA RTX 8000 Graphics and 3D applications on the cloud.
4. With ACE, you can get your virtual desktops customized as per your need by the experts.
5. Our support team is available for you to offer round-the-clock support, even on weekends and public holidays.
6. We ensure data security using 256-bit encryption, DDoS protection, OS patching, etc.
7. We offer the benefits of the cloud while still having control of software and data.
8. We provide access to applications crucial for business growth that can be online instantly as we customize the desktops for you.
2. V2 Cloud
V2 Cloud is a comprehensive hosted desktop offering that delivers unified managed desktops. Their team takes care of backend management and patching tasks. The cloud desktop infrastructure paves the way for IT managers to simplify their duties to prioritize more crucial tasks.
1. They offer server-based multi-session desktops that can be accessed by up to 250 users on each virtual machine (VM).
2. They enforce major security standards such as ransomware security and HIPAA compliance to guard against data breaches.
3. You can collaborate on multiple tools to access essential resources across digital applications.
4. They back up and store your information on redundant servers to manage your critical data.
3. Anunta Tech
Anunta Tech is one of the top cloud infrastructure providers that delivers industry-leading desktop solutions to businesses — ranging from small to large enterprises. With Anunta Tech, you can get a secure digital workspace for your workforce to be productive, regardless of location. Their solutions are well suited to meet vital industry needs with a flexible pricing model and customized plans.
1.You can get secure remote access with dedicated resources.
2. They eliminate the need for the IT team to manage the endpoints.
3. You can work with numerous collaboration tools to perform your tasks efficiently.
4. They implement access control and stringent security protocols on virtual apps and desktops.
5. The solution takes full responsibility for maintaining end-to-end control for streamlined surveillance, security, and compliance.
DinCloud is an enterprise-hosted desktop platform that delivers highly functional cloud desktops customized to industry needs. Relying on the robust physical and advanced security controls, they give you a secure virtual desktop infrastructure.
It is a multi-tenant deployment model where the team handles complete management of the IT infrastructure. You can have a comprehensive experience with DinCloud’s progressed IT security.
1. They offer you a scalable and cost-effective solution for virtual servers and technical workstations as per your workforce.
2. They deliver multi-device compatible desktops and applications accessible from your Mac, PC, Android, or smartphone.
Last but not least on our list is Workspot, another cloud-hosted desktop platform that delivers secure workstations and virtual desktops with guaranteed uptime. Their cloud-native infrastructure empowers your remote workforce to work from anywhere and anytime. Also, the flexible cloud model is a fully optimized platform that runs on hypervisors, enabling your workforce to perform more tasks in a shorter span of time.
1. You can get a seamless end-user experience on high-performance virtual desktops and applications.
2. They enforce a zero-trust security policy to keep your data secure from breaches and ransomware.
3. Free up your IT resources, and reduce the end-user costs, as you don’t need to invest big in massive equipment.
Have you Decided which DaaS Provider can meet your Needs?
The market of hosted desktop is growing!
We reached out to Industry Expert Rory Monaghan, founder of Rorymon Solutions, who mentioned the growing need for hosted cloud desktop solutions. He said that ‘the coming year will be the year of remote work solutions. As the need for secure remote access increases, so do the need for cloud desktops.’
Cloud desktops show no signs of stopping as they will be the centerpiece of the new digital world. Coming to the challenges of remote working and scalability in the pandemic- certainly- faced majorly by small businesses, especially the brand-new firms that need the ease of deployment and scalable solutions, cloud-hosted desktops solve them to a great extent.
Since desktops hosted on the cloud are provider-managed services, thus, the firms expect to have a fully managed, flexible, and cost-effective model. Every time the service provider is ahead of the curve among all is due to the set of benefits; it brings to users. While looking for the best fit for your business, you should consider a hosted desktop provider that gives you round-the-clock support, guaranteed uptime, and secure remote access.
Wondering how we can help you out in this? Know how our hosted desktops can ease your desktop management. Get in touch with our experts or gets a hand on experience by taking a free demo.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant