So you’re getting an error – 12,0 while opening the company file and QuickBooks is asking you for the administrator permission.
Noteworthy Points –
1) Make sure the user attempting to open the file has Administrative rights
2) The Quickbooks service is stopped.
1) Check the Quickbooks version.
- Suppose the customer is accessing Quicbooks 13.0, the service would be QBDataserviceuser23.0
- Go to Services.msc and check if the service mentioned above is stopped or in running state.
- Run > Services.msc > QBDataserviceuser23
- Right click on QBDataserviceuser23 and go to properties, and start the service if it is stopped.
- Retry opening the company file and if the issue persists, try the next steps.
2) Check the permissions on the folder which contains that company file.
- Right click on Client Data > Properties > click Security tab > check if the user has the permission to access the file or not.
- Supposedly, if the user doesn’t have permission to access the folder, give him the necessary permission and retry opening the company file.