a) This is caused when the internet security levels are not set correctly i.e. an improper process is executed.
b) When QuickBooks is opened, the Internet security levels might be set too high.
When you open QuickBooks, you see this error message:
‘The Internet security of the QuickBooks is set too high. Some of the online features of the QuickBooks might not work properly. Please change the security settings.’
How to fix it
Solution 1: Reset Internet Settings to default
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu choose Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Internet icon.(Refer to the same figure as above)
- Click the Default Level button at bottom right to reset the level to Medium. (Refer to the same figure as above)
- Click the Local Intranet icon.
- Click the Default Level button at bottom right to reset the level to Medium.
- Click OK.
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
Solution 2: Reset Internet Settings to default (Windows Server 2008/2003 only)
Windows Server 2008:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Server Manager.
- Click the Configure IE ESC link.
Important: You may need to find this link in the Server Summary window depending on your configuration and user permissions.
Windows Server 2003:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the left pane, click Add or remove Windows component.
- In the the Windows Features list, clear the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration checkbox.
- Click Next.
- Reopen QuickBooks.