How to Tackle Error 6123 in QuickBooks Multi-user Mode
QuickBooks, as potent as it is, doesn’t come without its shortcomings and fallacies. There’s no denying the depths of potential it holds, but still its no smooth sailing when it comes to using QuickBooks on a daily basis.
Users encounter a myriad of errors on a recurring basis and ‘Error 6123.0’ is one of them.
This is usually incurred while working in a multi-user mode and hence it has acquired a critical position as businesses are used to running in a multi-user mode. But, don’t sweat just yet as it can be resolved with seamless ease and a little effort at your end.
- If the computer name where the file is hosted has been changed, then follow the underlying steps:
- Reboot the system.
- Restart QuickBooks application.
- Go to File>Utilities>Stop hosting multi-user access
- Go to File>Switch to Multi-user mode
If the company file cannot be opened by any chance, ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ option will not be available. In that case, go to File>Utilities>Host multi-user access.
- If the McAfee Privacy service is installed:
- Open the McAfee Security Center.
- Select the ‘Privacy Service’ tab on the left side.
- Select ‘Configure Privacy Service Options’ and select the ‘Options’ tab.
- Select the ‘Block Info’ tab and uncheck the ‘Block Web Bugs on this Computer’ option from the list.
- Close McAfee Security Center.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Just follow the above-lying steps to the word and your error issue will be resolved. Not a big price to pay is it?