Since the 2020 COVID epidemic, the use of public cloud services by businesses of all sizes has increased steadily to an all-time high and is expected to reach nearly $600 billion, according to Gartner. Today, billions of users are able to share their resources around the world and maintain data security by leveraging the public cloud.
With such widespread growth and adoption, new trends and technologies are bound to be introduced making public clouds more automated and environment-friendly.
Let’s look at the latest developments and trends in the cloud market.
Table of Contents
What Are The Major Public Cloud Trends?
Public cloud is a computing model hosted by a provider and then shared across multiple enterprises via the internet. Gone are the days when you had to set up everything on the traditional IT servers.
Enterprises today are spending enormous amounts of money on cloud services, especially public cloud.
According to a report from Flexera, 94% of organizations worldwide are using cloud services today and that has reduced the total dependency on the traditional IT servers, thus helping businesses to work remotely during tough times like the Covid-19 outbreak.
New trends in the public cloud market are offering a wide range of opportunities to organizations to expand and strengthen their computing ability while also moving to a ‘Green IT Infrastructure’.
Let’s go through the major cloud trends in detail that are re-defining the future of public cloud.
Also Read: What is Public Cloud
Do away with vendor lock-in through regional cloud ecosystems
The latest trend public cloud has set is the rise of regional cloud eco-systems. As stated by Gartner, “Rising geopolitical regulatory fragmentation, protectionism and industry compliance are driving the creation of new regional and vertical cloud ecosystems and data services.”
By switching to regional cloud eco-systems, you can avoid vendor lock-in and lower the chance of having any out-of-region single points of failure (SPOF). This allows the companies to not only sustain their own platform but also leverage the platforms created in other regions.
Universally compatible and accessible Public Cloud
The next big trend is framing a universally compatible and accessible public cloud. Newly distributed cloud models such as hybrid cloud, multi-cloud and edge environments are setting the stage to run public cloud seamlessly.
The introduction of new wireless communications advances, such as 5G, R16 and R17, will boost cloud adoption as these will influence businesses to invest in public cloud and utilize these cloud computing functionalities to their advantages.
Promote Environmental Sustainability with Carbon-Intelligent Cloud
Another major trend in public cloud adoption is switching to carbon-intelligent cloud. Carbon- Intelligent computing helps organizations to opt for green data centers to handle their workloads and ensure zero carbon emissions.
All the big players in the market have already started chalking out plans to shift to a greener infrastructure and be completely carbon-neutral by the end of this decade.
It is estimated that by 2023, all the CSPs need to ensure carbon-neutral IT infrastructure and operations. This will bring the entire cloud ecosystem under the ‘green initiatives’ of the United Nations.
Also Read: The Top 10 Best Cloud Hosting Providers in 2022
Programmable Infrastructure instead of the Traditional Setup
The final trend in the public cloud market is how CIPS (cloud infrastructure and platform services) providers will soon cut-down the operational burden of traditional infrastructures by making them fully programmable.
Programmable infrastructure is the next big evolution in the cloud market as this technique helps in managing your infrastructure using software coding instead of contacting the IT team. They can boost the organization’s efficiency and agility in providing services.
Gartner expects the widespread adoption of automated AI/ML based cloud services from the CIPS providers.
Why Do Enterprises Prefer Public Cloud?
By leveraging public cloud, organizations can share common hardware, storage, and various network devices with other organizations. Public cloud architecture comprises the three hosted services: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS which allow the users to run workloads on shared infrastructure while using common computing resources by isolating each tenant’s data in the public cloud.
Listed below are some unique features of public cloud:
- Enhanced Business Growth: Switching to a public cloud eliminates the need to buy physical IT infrastructure as public cloud is comparatively less expensive than private or hybrid clouds.
- Economical Pricing with Convenient Billing Model: Moving your organization’s IT operations and workloads to public cloud can save you a lot of money since it is less expensive compared to private cloud. Also, with the help of a cloud service provider, you can maximize the utilization of your server, storage and other hardware and easily pay for the resources you use under the pay-as-you-go approach.
- Data Security: Utilize security tools, processes, and methods for protecting your highly sensitive data — with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), DDoS protection, shared responsibility model — and mitigate the risk of losing your data to malicious attacks or hacking attempts.
- Enjoy Quick Deployment with Single-Click deployment: Deploying your applications has never been faster than it is now; cloud SSD storage allows you to get started in 30 seconds. You can initiate the use of cloud in a few clicks by deploying Input/Output Operations per Second (IOPS) instances to the desired data centers.
- Less Server Management with Powerful Add-ons: Cloud service providers manage servers and hardware for you all by themselves; therefore, saving the need to hire more technical staff and eventually helping you to accumulate more capital. Strengthen the computing power of your cloud servers on-demand using powerful add-ons like Snapshots, Backups, Firewall and Flexible Networking.
In addition, selecting the right cloud provider is also critical for your business’s long-term success since opting for the wrong service provider may cost you heavily and might pose a severe security threat to confidential data.
With time, the number of cloud providers offering services has increased exponentially, thus offering a wide variety of choices to the users.
However, every organization has its own unique business requirement and technologies that they work upon which can sometimes make it difficult to select the right cloud provider.
Know the key determining factors to look at while selecting a provider.
What is the Future of Public Cloud?
(Percentage of organizations’ infrastructure running in the Public Cloud)
Ace Cloud Hosting is an authorized application hosting provider and renowned public cloud service provider to small businesses, SMBs, accountants, CPAs, and enterprises.
Ace Cloud Hosting is a reliable name among the public cloud providers. It offers customizable Public Cloud solutions based on open-source and commercial technologies such as OpenStack, CEPH, KVM, and more.
Ace offers its customers the advantage of focusing on their core business while outsourcing all their hardware, configurations for different servers, storage disks (SSD, hard disk), processor maintenance (CPU), and technical requirements to us.
Call: USA: +1-855-321-6576
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat With A Solutions Consultant