Update: This article was last updated on 27th Dec 2018 to reflect the accuracy and up-to-date information on the page.
Data analytics has evolved into one of the key elements to transform various aspects of an industry. It can help businesses to make predictions, analyze performance, and optimize results. It also enables businesses to identify various trends by collecting data from the previous years.
What is Big Data?
Big Data refers to the large sets of data, either structured or unstructured, that are too complex to be comprehended. The big data can be defined by the three parameters known as the three Vs – Volume, Velocity, and Variety.
Big data can be very beneficial for businesses if analyzed thoroughly with the help of predictive as well as user behavior analytics that empowers diverse industries to identify patterns and anticipate future performances.
Why Use Big Data in Sports?
For decades the sports industry has been fascinated over numbers, long before the analytics revolution started. However, without advanced analytics, the process is arduous and time-consuming.
With the help of big data, the sports professionals can predict results as well as optimize the performance through an individualized training plan.
Let’s see how big data can be a game changer for teams and individuals in the sports industry with the help of the infographic below
How is Big Data Implemented in Sports?
There are many ways big data is proving to be beneficial for the sports industry. Here are some of the ways:
1. Wearable technology: Many companies are exploring the benefits of wearable sports technology. With devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers, and heart rate monitor, it is easy to see how the players are performing and monitor their training progress.
2. Competitor analysis: One of the benefits of big data analytics is that enables you to get ahead of your competitors. This can be done in numerous ways. For example, teams can analyze the players of the competing team, their match history, and critical moments during the game. Such data can be used by coaches to create stronger tactics for their team.
How Can Big Data Be a Game Changer?
Below are some of the ways big data can be a game changer in the sports industry:
- Big data can help in immediate decision-making
- Big data can be helpful in understanding the behavior of the fans
- It allows better training decisions
- Big data provides a better analysis of the opponents
- Big data also enhances the performance of the players
- Big data can help in improving the safety of the players
- Big data provides career opportunity as a data scientist
- There are improved marketing decisions for businesses using big data
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Talk to Us