Data analytics has potential in many industries, but it is on the cusp of scoring key points in sports. If its usage is boiled down to the basic form – gathering and considering previous numbers for decision making – then sports has been a revolutionary industry.
What is Big Data?
Big data is the term which describes the collection of huge data – both structured and unstructured, which inundates businesses on a regular basis. Businesses can use it to their advantage across a wide range of areas.
Why big data in sports?
For decades, the sports industry has fascinated over numbers, long before analytics revolution started. However, without advanced analytics, the process is arduous and time-consuming. Big data acts as a help and provides facts which result in increased performance through individualized training plan.
How is big data in sports implemented?
There are many ways companies are using big data in the sports industry. Here are some of the ways:
1. Wearable technology: Many companies are exploring the benefits of wearable sports technology. Devices such as smartwatches, fitness trackers, and heart rate monitor, it is easy to see how the players are performing and monitor their training progress.
2. Competitor analysis: One of the benefits of big data analytics is to get ahead of your competitors. This can be done in numerous ways. For example, teams can analyze the players of competing team, their play history and moments during the game. Such data can be used by managers to create stronger tactics for their team.
How can big data be a game changer?
Below are some of the ways big data can be a game changer in the sports industry:
1. Big data can help in immediate decision making.
2. Big data can be helpful in understanding behavior of the fan.
3. It allows better training decisions.
4. Big data provides better competitor analysis.
5. Big data also improves player’s game.
6. There is safety in advance with the usage of big data.
7. Big data provides career opportunity as a data scientist.
8. There are improved marketing decisions for businesses using big data.
Let’s see how Big Data will be a game-changer for fans and sports industry with the help of the infographic below-
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):