IT issues are particularly more important especially when the data being handled is the financial structure of a business enterprise. Through the years, QuickBooks has provided great accounting ease to clients. Each successive version of QuickBooks software provides marvelous functionality and new & interesting features to work with. However, despite the seamless functionality that QuickBooks software offers, many-a-times it happens that users come across various big or small IT issues. Here are some common problems that most new users get stuck with and also their rectification procedures:
1. QuickBooks Does Not Start: One of the most common issues arises when QuickBooks software fails to start. Generally, there may be two reasons for this. Either the software is not installed properly on your computer or there is some virus problem that has corrupted some file of the software. The best way to deal with this problem is to uninstall the QB software with all its components in safe mode (Enter F8 on start for safe mode). Install the software again, check all firewall settings that may block access to the files and run a complete antivirus scan to detect the presence of any viruses.
2. Reinstalling QuickBooks: With the full version of QuickBooks software, installation CD facilitates the user to reinstall QuickBooks in case it was not installed properly or got corrupted due to some reason. A complete guide is also available with CD to help you in installation. If you purchased the license online, you can download the .exe file along with related components, install using Online help documents available on Intuit’s website, validate with your credentials and start work.
3. Failure in Updating Data Files: It sometimes happens that when we edit a file or update it, the file throws an error “Updating of Data File Failed”. In such case, check whether the file is corrupted. This error mainly occurs due to mishandling of files like forceful opening or improper closing. The rectification of such issue is the recovery of file or creating the file once again from the previously created file. There is a chance of losing data in such case which is dreadful for any accounting purpose. Backup of file can be quite helpful in this case.
4. QuickBooks Runs Slowly In Multiuser Mode: This is a general problem which is faced by most of the users when working in a multiuser mode. In such a case, use of large capacity of RAM and hard disk is recommended so that it can bear the load of multiple users performing crucial accounting tasks simultaneously.
5. Lost Admin Password: This is one of the most occurring issues. If you lost your admin password it is recommended to reinstall QB software on your system. There are many software programs available in the market which can break the admin password but simultaneously there also is a need to protect your data from such threats. So, the safer path is to reinstall.
QuickBooks Hosting offers one-stop solution for all these problems. All installation, validation, data storage and backup is managed by the hosting service provider along with complete customer support to help accountants get through their accounting tasks in a timely manner without wasting any time or effort in resolving IT problems.