It is quite a commonly observed phenomenon that no software or system is built to fit exactly into our needs. The various manufactures keep the needs of varying business sectors in their mind and then launch their products or services in the market. Accounting has a similar story…
QuickBooks is an easy accounting initiative from Intuit providing various editions and versions for users to find the closest match to their accountancy needs. These versions also include a number of industry-specific editions which have been developed while keeping in mind the common terms and procedures of accounting used by these firms. But the question is: Is that sufficient?
Most of the small business organizations prefer customization for establishing a channel that is the perfect fit for the management of their business finances. With easy QuickBooks customization steps, small business accountants can accomplish all their objectives and goals if they bind themselves to work with the prepared check list and scheduled plans. Here are the steps to effective customization:
1. Customize the icon bar of QuickBooks: QuickBooks offers great customization interface to its users. Accountants can customize the icon bar in their own way. The most frequently used icons or functions can be placed into the icon bar. This will save time and effort in selecting them from various different menus every time the need arises.
2. Gmail with QuickBooks: QuickBooks offers the great facility of integrating Gmail account with its functionality. Due to this, various transaction details and invoices can be sent directly via-mail. The complete address book containing customer details can be imported in Gmail easily. With this, there is no need to perform mailing task separately. Accountants just need to perform the transaction and select the mail option to go ahead.
3. Edit QuickBooks ‘Preferences’: QuickBooks offers editing of preferences as well. This feature allows users to edit the ‘Preferences’ tab easily. The jobs which you perform most can be added in the preference list like Edit, Save, Save As, New File, Print, Email, etc. These are the options which are frequently used by the users. This saves a lot of time that is otherwise spent on hovering to other tabs. With this, all preference tasks can be performed using only one tab.
4. Customize the labels of accounts in QuickBooks: Customization of labels can be done easily in Hosted QuickBooks. Various labels can be created like Assets, Liabilities, Revenue, Expenditures, Owner’s Equity and Daily Transactions, etc. Various commands and options can be easily found in a modular manner through these labeled accounts.
5. Use the QuickBooks Easy Step guides: By using the videos and guides within the QuickBooks, accounting professionals can easily learn how to operate this software in a more useful manner. QuickBooks is vast software and has structured while keeping in view the needs of various types of customers, big or small. Thus, to take out more from QuickBooks, it is very important to read the guide completely.
Chat With A Solutions Consultant